Workshop: Successful Writing for International Publications
Faculty: Professor Jos M. Latour
Duration of the workshop: 6 hours
Maximum participants: 20 participants
Aim: The workshops will provide the participants with an understanding of the writing process in publishing articles in an international peer-reviewed journal.
The workshops will cover the process from initial idea, writing a first draft manuscript to submission and acceptance of the manuscript. Also, details on how to increase the impact and dissemination of your papers will be covered.
The workshop will include theory and lectures. But the workshop will mainly focus on hands-on writing your manuscript and you will be supported by your peers and Prof Latour. Please feel free to bring your own work to use in the practical sessions.
1. To learn how to write a research paper
• Finding a suitable journal
• Structuring an Introduction section
• Write the method section
• Presenting your data
• Issues to address in a Discussion section?
2. To acquire skills for submitting a paper to a peer-reviewed journal
• Writing a good abstract
• Choosing good keywords
• Writing bullet point findings
• Writing a persuasive letter to an editor
• Responding to reviewer comments
3. To learn ways of making an impact to increase your Altmetrics
• Describe your study in 4 powerpoint slides
• Write a lay summary
• Write a press release
• Design an infographic
• Tweet your findings or other social media
Come along with your ideas or results of a study and the hands-on training provides you with a foundation of what and how to publish. We offer help on how you can start your writing journey towards a successful article.
Requirements For Participation In The Course: This course will be conducted interactively with Professor Latour. For this reason, it is planned to work with those who have passed the doctoral proficiency exam and who are who are fluent in English.